Sunday, September 12, 2021

09/12/2021

 This week I ran 26.2 miles by doing back-to-back half-marathons on Thursday and today, Sunday. I’m not sure whether I’ve ever run two halves in a row. I feel pretty good now but my toes were getting sore when I finished.

I wrote about Thursday’s run. Today was 70F when I went out in the dark at 6:30am. The humidity was about 70% but improved as I ran an old route to Sidecut Metropark via 20-A and Ford St. Sadly, I didn’t see deer in the park—the reason I went there. But there were quite a few other runners including a group using Dave’s Running sponsored trainers. Good to see. Eventually a little sun shone but it was mainly cloudy and breezy keeping the temp at 70F for most of the run. Didn’t see any unusual wildlife.

On Friday I went fishing with Bob Myers to a creek-fed reservoir near Defiance, OH. Bob caught about 10 bass, half of them 14” or more. I got skunked. My highlight was lunch when I had a sandwich of thin-sliced pork tenderloin with mustard & horseradish and with chips & a beer. I hooked about 4 bass but they all got off. Bob fixed me up with an artificial worm, weedless bait. It attracted the fish just fine but I couldn’t get the hang of hard-setting the hook after they ran with it a bit. I was either too early or didn’t set it hard enough. 

So Bob let me keep the rig to practice in our local pond. And yesterday I walked over to the pond with my gear, had a couple nibbles, and finally caught a 14” bass of my own! I texted Bob a pic. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home