Sunday, August 01, 2021

08/01/2021

08/01/2021

 

This morning the weather was a cool 64 with some clouds at first, then full sun. I got out before 7:30am for a half-marathon run. With 14.5 miles on Thursday this gives me 27.6 miles for the week—a new weekly record in recent years. Yay.

 

Had plenty of time for observations during the long slog: counted 11 bunnies, 5 ducks on the wing and many more ducks and geese on the pond between south Strayer Road and Technology Drive (goes past Dana HQ). Also saw a Great Egret in that pond but it could have been a Great Blue Heron (White form) since there are a lot of herons around here. Not possible to tell the difference at that distance without binoculars, which I DON’T wear while running. Also saw a number of goldfinches working in the August flower heads that are seeding out by the side of the road. Heard a Red-tail hawk screaming near Swan Creek and got a quick glimpse of him disappearing over the trees.

 

I ran all the way to the Fallen Timbers Monument by the Maumee River and then caught a cool northwesterly breeze on my return towards home. Stopped for water at the Fallen Timbers Battlefield Metropark and another drink behind the Hometown Center. Pretty decent run overall.

 

Back at home I got on Amazon and ordered the stand for our Yamaha P-71 keyboard. I moved the piano back up to the guest room yesterday and I think it will look nicer with that stand than the crossbar one we bought—and I’ll stop bumping my knees into the old one! (Bob D. warned me I wouldn’t like the crossbar stand!) Order says it’ll be here tomorrow!! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home