Thursday, September 02, 2021

 

09/02/2021

 

Long run today in great weather: 54F and sunshine (after it rose), clear skies, lower humidity, good AQI, light breeze. This was the best running day since Spring! I ran a half-marathon.

 I started as normal in the ‘hood and church path. Then I went south all the way to the Fallen Timbers Monument overlooking the Maumee River. Sewer construction going on down there on South Jerome Rd. but they didn’t block the road. Came back north for water at Fallen Timbers Battlefield Park and ran the 1.5 mile cinder path. Saw a deer in the woods—a large one that was likely a stag though I couldn’t make out antlers in the underbrush, but his tail stuck up 1.5 to 2 feet. The path was very quiet, especially in the woods. Took advantage of the restroom while I was there and got more water.

 On the return I saw lots of goldfinches in the weedy margins off the bike path. And I ran the Dana HQ loop path too. Got water a third time behind the Hometown Center and finished the 13.1 miles on Wheatstone Circle. Walked home from there as my cool down.

 Had my coffee and some cereal with prunes and then went back out for the yardwork—edging, trimming, mowing, and blowing. Yard is looking good except for a weedy patch in the SW corner. So far I’ve logged 17.7 overall miles and 33.1K steps with a couple K yet to do. Should sleep well tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home