Wednesday, August 04, 2021

08/04/2021

08/04/2021

 

Today I took my usual walk early. Afterwards, in the yard, we spotted that white form bluejay again—it has been about four days in a row. He likes the crabapple tree out back. Yesterday, Pat and Bob Myers stopped in to visit for a while and they got to see him too. Fun! J also gave them a loaf of the new sourdough bread she’s been making (after learning from daughter-in-law Rachel). We had a loaf too and today had great BLTs on sourdough toast for lunch. J might plan a class to teach Bob Myers and Ken Fuller.

 

A big step I took today was to delete my Facebook account. It should take 30 days for them to delete all the remnants. I was wasting too much time on useless clickbait so decided to go off cold turkey. I can still communicate with family and friends via Facetime, Messenger (SMS), and email.

 

Did my piano practice today too, but very short after lunch. Maybe more later.

 

Since retirement I have felt compelled to do something creative every day. This blog/journal is part of that and so were my Facebook posts, where I often posted pix (another of my creative hobbies). I may create an Instagram account for the pix or just stop sharing them; I’m undecided about that at the moment. And now, without Facebook sucking up hours a day, I should be able to write more: journals, blogs, memoirs, and the novel that’s been spinning around in my head the last few years. In a nutshell, here are my creative interests: writing, painting, woodworking (mainly turning bowls these days), photography, piano and songwriting, and geneology. Other interests taking some time are yardwork/gardening, limited winemaking, fly fishing, walking & running, and lots of reading. You see the problem here, right? Too many interests and not enough time to master any of them. Well, at my age, mastery is no longer a goal. I simply enjoy doing them all and will continue as long as I can, including at least one of the creative pursuits every day. Good health has been a blessing through my retirement years so far so I’m hopeful that continues. But even if that changes for the worse some pursuits are not physically demanding so I hope to continue them, “the good lord willing and the creek don’t rise.”


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home