09/09/2021
On this past Sunday my run was a bust. I struggled to circle the Strayer path twice in the heat, humidity, and bad air. Back in Fox Hollow I gradually completed 5.25 mi, wheezing for air and leg muscles aching. Finally had to pause and catch my breath and then walk home. Pretty dismal.
Today was exactly the opposite in weather and outcome. The AQI was 23 so I had good air. It was 54F and breezy when I went out before sunrise. The humidity wasn’t great but not bad in the cool air. I ran the Strayer path then south all the way to Sidecut Metropark. Coming back I got water at Fallen Timbers Battlefield and circled the 1.5 mi path and did the mile around Dana HQ too. After another drink at the Hometown Center, I ran until I’d logged 13.1 miles and walked the rest of the way home for my cool-down. Still strong at the end (though I feel it a little now!)
On another topic, yesterday as I was out walking, Cory pulled up to the curb for a short chat. Her baby girl was in her carseat and she’d dropped off the 3-year-old at pre-school (Lial). I told her that on August 13 we lost my sister Pauline just a month after we lost brother Joe. She offered her sympathy like before. As we chatted she mentioned she did the 24-hour run at Miaconda and logged 50 miles in bad air and heat—the winner tallied 93 mi but they normally get to 100 or more. Can’t imagine that distance—even with perfect conditions! Yikes.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home